12.1.15

Hair Update

Hey guys so it's been a little while since I've talked about my hair on here! Well for good reason I have been silent on the matter because I've struck gold with my hair care. For the past year I have done a 180 degree turn on my hair care routine!

This above list consist of the STAPLE products I have been using on my newly renovated hair care routine!

  1. Shea Moisture's African Black Soap Shampoo & Conditioner;I use about once or twice a month.
  2. Suave's Almond & Shea Butter Conditioner;I use as a weekly co-wash.
  3. Cantu Shea Butter Creamy Hair Lotion;I use as my leave -in conditioner after freshly washed hair.
  4. Raw shea butter;I have a shea butter mixture* that I use to seal in my leave-in conditioner.
  5. Extra Virgin Coconut Oil;I use this to seal and pre-poo my hair.
  6. Hollywood Beauty Olive Oil Cholesterol; I use weekly as a deep conditioner.
*Butter Mixture consist coconut,jojoba,olive and sunflower oil.


With  A LOT of research and trial and error, I had finally found what my hair likes.
A little background info on my hair:

  • Natural since 2009
  • Color treated hair since 2009
  • Mini 2nd Big Chop in 2013
  • Straightens hair about twice a year
  • Kinky,Coily,Curly Hair 
  • Medium & High Density Hair
  • Medium & Fine Width Hair Texture
  • Low porosity hair 

Flat Ironed Hair-Jan 2014

Blown Out Hair-March 2014

Twist Out-Sep 2014

Wash n Go-Aug 2014


Finding out those last three stats about my hair made the HUGE difference in how I took care of my hair. Once I mastered what my hair was all about, it made it easier for me to look for the RIGHT products. Like most natural haired beauties I went through a phase where I was a bit of a 'product junkie'(not exactly a good look on my pockets).

According to  my hair texture I found that it likes heavy products such as thick oils,creamy conditioners,gels and butters! Being able to filter my product choices upon my hair's liking made such a great difference on my hair's life and my pockets!!So after finding out what my hair likes, I then experimented with different routines for my kinky,curly hair.

I also had a major problem with retaining moisture(the #1 reason for me going on this new hair care journey)in my hair. I could never keep it properly moisturized throughout the week without having to Co-Wash it every other day! Upon getting my hair products and styles in check,I also found that a certain product layering routine made the HELL of a difference for me. I am speaking of the 'L.O.C.' method,but I actually found that the 'L.C.O.' worked better for me. I'm not going to go in detail with the method because there are thousands of sites,videos and books that explain it better. But in short the method consists of three steps, L-liquid ,O-oil and C-cream. Every since I've incorporated this new method to EVERY style I do, my hair has been thanking me by growing so much healthier,feeling and looking more shiny and letting all of my curls POP on que!LOL

What are your healthy hair goals?

No comments: