5.1.12

Natural Hair Talk:Night Time Routine

Every night I TRY to keep to my night time routine as much as possible to help with breakage and keep moisture in my hair. Since I don't have a silk or satin pillow case(which I'm thinking about investing in) I twist my hair in two strand twist or pull it up in a high bun(depends on desired style).

When ever I want an everyday, twist out look I spritz my hair with water to give my hair the first "layer" of moisture.

Then I add my choice of moisturizing leave-in conditioner, such as a Cantu Shea Butter Leave in Conditioning Repair Cream or just a moisturizer such as my own raw shea butter mixture to add the second "layer" of moisture. I put the product on each section that I two-strand twist.
Next I add a sealing oil of my choice, such as argan oil or extra virgin oil olive. This is my final stage of sealing in the moisture nightly. After twisting I then put on a silk scarf or cap and hit the hay!!!

2 comments:

Jacque said...

Thanks for the tips!! I know nothing about taking care of my natural hair, and the things I have looked up seem complicated...this seems simple enough for me..I have lots of breakage so I'll be trying this

Sincerely Coco said...

@jacque your so welcome!!yeah I'm sort of a "lazy natural" lol I like to keep a lot of routine things simple and they seem to work for me